Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Easter Time

All of the funeral flowers are gone, so I put a vase with some pink roses and an Easter basket on her grave. It is still unmarked so I wrote her name on the vase. I will badger the cemetery about getting the temporary marker in place tomorrow. I am still designing the permanent monument. It needs to be very special, like April, so I will take plenty of time to get the design just perfect. I have visited several monument stores and have looked around at markers in different cemeteries for inspiration. I have some really neat ideas. (FYI, a "marker" is flush with the ground and a "monument" is upright. I am learning all kinds of things about markers and monuments.)

I continue to receive cards and letters daily from people telling me what a big difference April made in their lives. I miss her so much. She was my whole world; we had so many dreams, so much more living to do. We were so close. The transplant went perfectly, April felt better than she had in years, and we thought it opened the door to a whole new future. And then 20 days later she was gone. It is so unfair.



No comments:

Post a Comment